The Bank of Estonia intends to upgrade its payments system to meet the conditions of the Single Euro Payments Area (Sepa), the project designed to harmonise electronic payments across the eurozone.
The new system is designed by Systèmes technologiques d'échange et de traitement (Stet), a French company, which already provides a payment platform for banks in France.
Under the proposed Stet system, inter-bank payments could be conducted faster and cheaper than the central bank's current Esta payme
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency