The Deutsche Bundesbank said today (17 January) it has shelved a prospective cooperative venture with the Bangladeshi central bank, after reports emerged that Bangladesh might enforce the death penalty against currency counterfeiters.
According to Bangladeshi press reports, the Bank of Bangladesh was planning to set up a ‘Fake Note Analysis Centre' with co-operation with experts from the German central bank. A report, published on January 5 in Bangladesh's Financial Express, stated a new law is
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?