The Ukrainian parliament today (January 11) voted to relieve Serhiy Arbuzov of his role as head of the National Bank of Ukraine – replacing him with his deputy, Igor Sorkin.
Sorkin has been the de facto central bank head since Arbuzov was appointed first deputy prime minister of Ukraine on December 24 last year. President Viktor Yanukovych formally submitted Sorkin's candidacy to parliament on January 9.
Sorkin said he will aim to ensure the stability of the hryvnia, and added: "I consider my fi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations