The Financial Stability Board (FSB) has released a fourth report detailing progress towards the introduction of a global system of legal entity identifiers (LEIs), revealing much work still needs to be done before the deadline in March 2013.
The latest proposals are for a system of centralised databases of unique LEIs, with 20-character alphanumeric codes assigned to each legal entity. The LEIs will be issued by local operating units (LOUs), which will have unique identification codes themselves
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart