Norges Bank is developing a new banknote series, it announced today (December 4), to guard against potential counterfeit attacks.
Initially, the central bank will determine a theme for the notes, their colour and the range of denominations, over which "important stakeholder groups" will be consulted, the statement said.
At present, Norges Bank issues banknotes in denominations of 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1000 krone, with the highest denomination note holding a face value of $178.
The central bank wi
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling