Vítor Constâncio, vice-president of the European Central Bank (ECB), urged greater "sharing" of sovereignty between the national and European level in a speech in Berlin.
Constâncio discussed the importance of legitimacy to the four pillars – financial, fiscal, economic and political – of the region's Economic and Monetary Union (EMU) at the Hyman P Minsky Conference on November 26.
Developing a political union, the ECB vice-president said, is not a question of moving forward, but of catching up
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields