Nils Bernstein, governor of the National Bank of Denmark, has rejected the need for more baking reform in Europe via the ring-fencing of certain bank trading activities as put forward in the recommendations of the High-Level Expert Group on reforming the structure of the EU banking sector - the so-called Liikannen Report.
Bernstein, a former head of Danish pension fund ABP, said there is already sufficient new regulation coming into force in Europe without adding to the workload. "The new regula
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security