Uncertainty over the treatment of with-profits fund surpluses under the UK's new ‘twin peaks' regulatory regime could threaten mutual insurers' ability to trade, mutuals warn.
In 2013, two new agencies will replace the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and share responsibility for supervising insurers. The Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) will promote the safety and soundness of firms and ensure appropriate protection is afforded current and future policyholders, while the Financial Conduc
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB