The Federal Reserve has held policy steady following the meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) on October 23–24.
The federal funds rate will remain at 0–0.25%, monthly purchases of $40 billion of agency mortgage-backed securities will continue and the Fed's maturity extension programme will remain until the end of the year. In line with its previous meeting, the Fed's forward guidance was for rates to remain low until mid-2015.
The FOMC noted that economic activity expanded at a "m
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system