The International Organization of Securities Commissions (Iosco) has published a report containing 15 recommendations aimed at strengthening the regulation of money market funds, despite opposition from the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Money market funds totalled around $4.7 trillion in assets under management in the first quarter of 2012, accounting for some 20% of collective investment schemes worldwide, according to Iosco estimates. During the early days of the global financia
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research