A new report by the Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation (CSFI) examining the impact of regulation on Europe's post-trade architecture has identified a number of areas for improvement.
Report author Peter Norman said while clearing and settlement providers are being subjected to tough regulation, particularly in Europe, more competition is needed to increase the efficiency of the sector and strengthen the contribution it can make to growth in the European single market.
The report, relea
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro