A programme of security upgrades to the five denominations of banknotes currently in use in Australia is now under way, but it may still take a few years before the first new banknotes are introduced, the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) said today (September 27).
The RBA's so-called ‘next generation banknote' programme was first introduced in 2007 as part of continuing efforts to improve the security features of Australian banknotes. The RBA said "considerable work" has already been undertaken o
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot