A programme of security upgrades to the five denominations of banknotes currently in use in Australia is now under way, but it may still take a few years before the first new banknotes are introduced, the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) said today (September 27).
The RBA's so-called ‘next generation banknote' programme was first introduced in 2007 as part of continuing efforts to improve the security features of Australian banknotes. The RBA said "considerable work" has already been undertaken o
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms