Andrew Haldane, the executive director of financial stability at the Bank of England (BoE), today (August 31) warned overly complex regulations being pushed through to manage financial systems could end in "catastrophe".
Speaking at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's 36th annual economic policy symposium in Jackson Hole, Haldane criticised the US's Dodd-Frank Act of 2010 for featuring hundreds of pieces of detailed regulation.
"Once completed, Dodd-Frank could comprise 30,000 pages of rul
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart