The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) today (August 23) revealed that the credit and debit card industry had called for more detailed guidance to be given with regard to surcharges applied to services.
In June, the central bank announced it intended to end "excessive" charges for using credit and debit cards. As of January 1, 2013, rules will allow "reasonable" fees only. However, lack of clarity in the draft guidelines has clearly been raised as a problem by card scheme providers as the central b
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?