The governor of the Bank of Canada, Mark Carney, said during a speech to the Canadian Auto Workers union on August 22 that lessons about how to nurture the "right kind" of globalisation had been learned during recent years.
"The financial crisis and ensuing global recession demonstrated the fundamental interconnectedness of the global economy. When built on bedrock, interconnections of trade and investment create jobs and prosperity...However, when built on sand, as was the case for too much of
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde