The chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke, on August 7 highlighted the need for central banks to carry out their work without political influence.
Speaking to financial educators all over the US via a live webcast, Bernanke said: "One of the basic findings of research about central banks is that it really helps the economy to have a strong and independent central bank, one that can make monetary policy decisions without being influenced by short-term political pressures."
The chairman sa
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency