The governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Duvvuri Subbarao, today (August 3) delivered a speech titled Indian Payment and Settlement Systems Responsible Innovation and Regulation. During the address, the governor highlighted the central bank's role in facilitating innovation.
Speaking at a banking technology awards ceremony in Hyderabad, Subbarao said the financial crisis had renewed the debate on financial innovation and regulation. He said there was now "greater sensitivity" to the resp
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart