The Central Bank of Brazil at the end of July issued new 10 and 20 real banknotes as part of a complete overhaul of the country's currency.
The staggered release of the Real Second Banknotes series began in 2010 with the highest denomination notes – the 50 and 100 real banknotes – being introduced. Then on July 23, the 10 and 20 denomination notes entered circulation.
The new 10 and 20 real notes incorporate advanced security features and easy identification tools similar to the 50 and 100 denomi
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?