The governor of the National Bank of Ukraine, Sergei Arbuzov, says stringent rules governing foreign exchange transactions are working well in the country, combatting "shadowy business operations".
In an interview with CentralBanking.com, the governor noted how overly liberal foreign currency exchange rules in Ukraine led to problems in the economy. "Dealers in the shadow sector of the economy were taking advantage of it. According to our data, nearly $1 billion a month was bought by private ente
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase