The Bank of Thailand has unveiled two commemorative banknotes; an 80 baht ($2.50) note to mark Queen Sirikit of Thailand's 80th birthday and a 100 baht note to mark the Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn's 60th birthday. The central bank said it will issue the notes in the next two months to pay tribute to the pair's "incomparable contributions to the country".
Two million 80 baht notes are to be released three days prior to the Queen's birthday on August 12. They will be sold at a price of 120 ba
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms