The State Bank of Pakistan today (June 28) revealed the latest growth figures for so called "branchless banking" in the country, which includes popular mobile banking services.
"Branchless banking continued to show a rising trend in the third quarter (January‐ March 2012) of the current fiscal year during which transactions surged by 23% to 25.3 million as compared with 20.6 million in the preceding quarter," said the central bank.
The number of branchless banking agents increased by 19% to 26,7
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair