Prasarn Trairatvorakul, the governor of the Bank of Thailand, and Ravi Menon, the managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on June 23 to establish a cross-border collateral arrangement between the two countries.
Under the agreement, eligible financial institutions in Singapore can obtain Singapore dollars by pledging Thai baht or Thai government and central bank securities. Similarly, eligible financial institutions in Thailand can
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows