Hatem Ibrahim, general manager of the risk management department at the Central Bank of Egypt, on June 14 explained the institution's role during the social unrest that rocked the country in 2011.
Speaking at the OpRisk Europe event in London, Ibrahim said: "A solid banking sector is key," and described how the central bank fought to maintain stability in the sector. Managing foreign reserve drainage and conducting a gold inventory and valuation to avoid any reputation risk were also tasks the c
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS