The Central Bank of Azerbaijan today held a workshop to teach banks and law-enforcement bodies about combating counterfeiting of the local currency, the manat.
The cash operations department took charge of the event, during which the role of the central bank in fighting counterfeiting, currency protection efforts and risk regulation in cash operations, and in meeting the demand of the economy for cash were explained.
Agshin Valiyev, executive director of the central bank, opened the workshop and
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system