The Central Bank of Azerbaijan today held a workshop to teach banks and law-enforcement bodies about combating counterfeiting of the local currency, the manat.
The cash operations department took charge of the event, during which the role of the central bank in fighting counterfeiting, currency protection efforts and risk regulation in cash operations, and in meeting the demand of the economy for cash were explained.
Agshin Valiyev, executive director of the central bank, opened the workshop and
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say