The State Bank of Pakistan announced on May 15 its decision to implement the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) standard in the country, "with a view to bringing about account code standardisation and efficiency in processing of payments for domestic as well as cross border transactions".
The central bank released IBAN guidelines containing details for IBAN generation, validation and implementation timelines. "These guidelines have been developed in consultation with [the] Pakistan Banks'
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?