Göran Österlund, a graphic designer and engraver, was on April 24 revealed as the winner of the Riksbank's design competition for Sweden's new banknotes. "His entry, 'Cultural journey', will form the artistic base for the new banknotes, which will probably be introduced in 2015," the central bank said in a statement.
The General Council of the Riksbank reached the decision a year after initially agreeing on the motifs for the banknotes and launching a competition for the artistic design of the b
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms