Christine Lagarde, managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), today used her opening remarks at the IMF and World Bank spring meetings to call for more countries to commit funds to help "bolster" the global financial firewall.
Lagarde said she expected fund resources to be expanded "significantly" over the course of the meetings and warned that "dark clouds" were hanging over the global economic horizon.
Her comments echoed those of José Viñals, financial counsellor and director
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure