The Federal Reserve has announced the results of its latest round of stress tests carried out on US banks. The announcement, on March 13, came two days earlier than expected.
On March 12, the Fed published a paper describing the methodology used in the stress test in the 2012 Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), as well as the templates for disclosure of the summary results, which were scheduled to be issued on March 15.
Then on March 13, the announcement came that the full results
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says