Christine Lagarde, managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), on March 7 announced Jianhai Lin as the next secretary of the Fund.
Lin, 57, is the first Chinese national to be selected for this post. He has been acting director of the secretary's department since November 2011, when Siddharth Tiwari was appointed as director of the Strategy, Policy and Review Department.
Lin studied at the University of International Business and Economics in Beijing, China, and University of Cal
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls