European Union (EU) commissioner Michel Barnier on February 22 announced the members of the high-level expert group that has been tasked with looking into possible structural reforms of the EU banking sector.
"I thank the members for having joined this group," said Barnier. "They bring an impressive amount of expertise to the table. I know they will do an independent, intellectually solid and practical assessment of the potential merits of structural reform."
The group will be led by the governo
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says