The Bank of Korea has overhauled its monetary policy committee, according to a variety of reports released today (February 16).
Park Won-shik was appointed as senior deputy governor, second to governor Kim Choong-soo. He will take up the position in early April, once Lee Ju-yeol retires.
The monetary policy board will see four new members arrive in the coming weeks as several members resign. The central bank website does not yet carry a statement in English, but it was reported that Kim Jun-il,
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market