The International Organization of Securities Commissions (Iosco) has hired David Wright as its new secretary general. Wright – credited for his work in helping set up the European Union's Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid) as well as working to define and deploy a technical assistance programme for Greece while at the European Commission (EC) – is expected to take on the new role in March.
He will replace Greg Tanzer, who rejoined the Australian Securities and Investments Commiss
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations