Sheikh Salem AbdulAziz Al-Sabah has resigned as governor of the Central Bank of Kuwait. The state media agency, Kuwait News Agency (Kuna), issued a confirmation of his departure on February 13.
Despite Kuna not offering a reason for the governor's resignation, local media immediately began reporting that political tensions were the cause. Al-Sabah had been governor since 1986 but had faced new challenges in recent months as central bank employees protested over employment conditions and pay.
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart