The European Banking Authority (EBA) on February 6 categorically rejected claims that the organisation is gearing up to challenge many of the plans put forward by banks as part of the region-wide recapitalisation exercise.
The Financial Times newspaper had published an article that said a "significant proportion" of capital restructuring plans put forward by European banks were not up to scratch.
"These reports purporting to contain factual information are in fact inaccurate and misleading," ret
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?