Adam Posen, an external member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), delivered on February 2 a speech that affirmed his commitment to improving the provision of finance for small and mid-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Posen said now was the time to "deepen and diversify" the UK's financial infrastructure in order to enable small business growth.
Posen was a panellist at an event organised by the Trades Union Congress and titled "Banking after Vickers: How can banks work better for
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot