Adam Posen, an external member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), delivered on February 2 a speech that affirmed his commitment to improving the provision of finance for small and mid-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Posen said now was the time to "deepen and diversify" the UK's financial infrastructure in order to enable small business growth.
Posen was a panellist at an event organised by the Trades Union Congress and titled "Banking after Vickers: How can banks work better for
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS