The Central Bank of Sri Lanka on January 31 held a ceremony to mark the 16th anniversary of the 1996 terrorist bomb attack on the central bank building in Colombo. The strike killed 41 central bank employees and partly destroyed the office.
The governor of the Central Bank, Ajith Nivard Cabraal, unveiled a plaque and a specially commissioned statue in memory of those who lost their lives. Speaking at the event, the governor said the terrorists had failed in their attempt to paralyse the country'
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations