The Central Bank of Nigeria released a document on December 30 containing explanations of the key elements of the cash-less Lagos project.
The pilot scheme has introduced a new policy on cash-based transactions that stipulates a cash handling charge on daily cash withdrawals or cash deposits that exceed 150,000 Nigerian naira ($937) for individuals and 1,000,000 Nigerian naira for corporates.
The central bank made clear the new policy on cash-based transactions in banks is aimed at reducing, not
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart