Sushil Wadhwani, a former external member on the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), on Friday criticised the Bank's 'wait-and-see' approach to quantitative easing, warning the central bank risked falling behind the curve in stimulating the UK economy.
Wadhwani, who was an external member of the bank's MPC from June 1999 to May 2002, was responding to comments made by Martin Weale, an external member who currently sits on the rate-setting committee, after a speech he delivered at
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair