The European Central Bank (ECB) last Thursday quietly revealed that the TARGET2-Securities (T2S) Framework Agreement had been settled.
In a short paragraph in the regular release of Decisions taken by the Governing Council of the ECB (in addition to decisions setting interest rates), the endorsement was revealed. It said a "financial incentive package" had been agreed for early signatories.
In a letter sent to CSDs, seen by CentralBanking.com, the details of these incentives are set out. CSDs th
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says