The European Central Bank (ECB) released a brief statement on Thursday afternoon announcing that Lorenzo Bini Smaghi, a member of the executive board and governing council of the European Central Bank (ECB) has resigned.
The note said Bini Smaghi had informed president Mario Draghi that he will resign from his position prior to the end of his term of office on May 31, 2013 to join Harvard University's Center for International Affairs on January 1, 2012.
Bini Smaghi has been a member of the execu
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair