Lucas Papademos, a former vice-president of the European Central Bank (ECB) and ex-governor of the Bank of Greece, was on Thursday confirmed as the new prime minister of Greece.
Papademos, who is a visiting professor of public policy at Harvard University in the US, rushed back to Greece earlier this week as the country descended into political chaos.
After former prime minister George Papandreou shocked the world by announcing his intention to hold a referendum on Greece's implementation of the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde