The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has released new research and discussion papers that highlight the importance of effective macro-prudential policies in the fight against future financial crises.
In a staff discussion paper on institutional models for macro-prudential policy, released on Tuesday, the IMF said central banks should play an "important role" in macro-prudential policy. Their involvement was critical in order to "harness institutional incentives and expertise available at the ce
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot