Andrew Haldane, executive director of financial stability at the Bank of England and a member of the Financial Policy Committee, on Monday pulled financial system reforms into the spotlight.
Delivering the Wincott Annual Memorial Lecture in Westminster, London, Haldane called for bankers' pay to be linked to returns on assets and not the current measure of returns on shareholder equity.
"It would be a relatively small step for banks to switch," said Haldane. "Yet the effects on risk-taking and r
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?