The Bank of Lithuania on Friday said it would take part in an investigation launched by local authorities into the discovery of counterfeit 100 litas ($40) banknotes at various locations across the country.
The central bank said some of its experts in the banknote department were co-operating with Lithuania's police department and the Ministry of Internal Affairs in the investigation.
Reports from the Lithuanian police department say seven individuals were detained on Friday under suspicion of m
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs