Wayne Byres, the executive general manager of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority's (Apra) diversified institutions division, on Thursday (October 13) was appointed secretary-general to the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
Byres replaces Stefan Walter, who served as secretary-general to the Basel Committee since mid-2006. His appointment is for a fixed five-year term.
The secretary-general heads up the secretariat of the Basel Committee and is responsible for supporting the cha
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms