José Manuel Barroso, the president of the European Commission, on October 12 (Wednesday) detailed a roadmap designed to restore stability and draw a line under the sovereign debt crisis that has plagued markets in Europe in 2011.
Speaking at a European Parliament debate in Brussels, Barroso said comprehensive solutions were needed to "break the vicious cycle of uncertainty" over sovereign debt sustainability and growth prospects in the euro area.
Barroso outlined five areas of action, which he i
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency