On Monday, Kuwaiti finance minister Mustafa Al-Shimali and Yi Gang, deputy governor of the People's Bank of China and administrator of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange, held talks in which they agreed to increase financial and economic cooperation between the two countries.
Al-Shimali spoke to the Kuwait News Agency (Kuna) after the meeting in China. He said views had been exchanged on the two countries' fiscal policies and other economic and banking-related issues.
The finance minis
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system