The bank supervision department of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka on Friday released a direction notice detailing a ‘Customer Charter' to be followed by licensed banks.
The central bank said it had acted "in view of safeguarding the interests of the bank customers, building up a healthy relationship between customers and banks and thereby ensuring customer confidence and stability in the banking sector".
The new charter comes into effect in the next six months.
The key requirements to be fulfille
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart