Vítor Constâncio, vice-president of the European Central Bank (ECB), on Tuesday applauded the progress of the European single market and commented on how the new Target2-Securities (T2S) platform will work.
Speaking at the ECB's conference on Securities settlement in 2020: T2S and beyond in Frankfurt am Main, Constâncio focused on the "importance of strengthening the single market, the various initiatives currently being pursued for this purpose, and how T2S fits into the wider picture".
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase