The European Council and the European Parliament on Tuesday agreed a package of economic governance proposals in the euro area that fall short of the "quantum leap" called for by the European Central Bank (ECB).
The Council said it had reached a compromise with the European Parliament on a package of six legislative proposals on economic governance to strengthen the corrective and preventative arm of the Stability and Growth Pact.
To ensure fiscal discipline among member states, the Stability an
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations